Vision problem and filter screens

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ---eMac---, May 2, 2015.

1. ---eMac--- macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I hope you can advise me on an important topic for me.

I had a retinopathy in one of my eyes and makes me light produces pain in the affected eye. Especially the light of mobile phones, screens, tv,... Sunlight affects me only if direct and very intense.

I am a lawyer and I have to use computers to check countless documents. My work is 50% computer and 50 pencil and paper / clients.

Following that, I started using LED screens, but I notice it's more annoying than using my CRT eMac, for example.

I've tried quite good quality LED screens but is that the kind of light it emits is damaging my eye.

Now I work with the brightness of the screen to a minimum and is a bit annoying but bearable.

You know as it could put a filter to monitor the eMac to those used before on CRT displays?

Is there some kind of filter recommended for LED monitors?

Thanks to all

:cool::cool::cool:

2. Dronecatcher macrumors 68000

Dronecatcher

I'm assuming it's a Mac connected to your LED screen?

Have you tried calibrating the screen in the OS Preferences? There's plenty of scope in there to change the colour temperature of the display and the gamma. It might take a lot of trial and error but you might be able to get a result - also you can quickly change profiles if you need a more accurate colour interpretation.

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

One of system elements that is designed to give vision-impaired folks some relief is the various screen settings. In an older Mac, such as your eMac, you can try the System Preferences/Universal Access, then the Seeing tab.
    Try the White on Black setting. It will reverse all colors, so very strange at first, but it might relieve your vision enough to make it worth doing. You can also adjust the contrast in that pane. You can turn off colors, using only grayscale.

If you also want to try that on a newer Mac, the Universal Access is replaced by the Accessibility pane, then Display tab to show similar settings.