Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2002
I can’t get my iPhone to AirPlay to the AVP yet. I have turned “Airplay Reciever” on in the AVP settings, and restarted both my iPhone and AVP. Perhaps it won’t work till I upgrade the iPhone to IOS 18?

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
Everything works for me. Some mild bugginess and restrings like V1.1 did but nothing particularly unusual or broken so far. Keyboard passthrough doesn't seem to work with black Apple keyboards....

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
I can’t get my iPhone to AirPlay to the AVP yet. I have turned “Airplay Reciever” on in the AVP settings, and restarted both my iPhone and AVP. Perhaps it won’t work till I upgrade the iPhone to IOS 18?
Worked for me with iOS 18. Which is also buggy (the new Photos app really sucks btw... very confusing)

Reactions: Roller

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
Does anybody know if Microsoft Beta version of the iPad Remote Desktop App runs on the visionOS 2.0 beta? What about the iPad version of OpenVPN? I use them often to connect back to my office and connect to my PC there.

EdisEdward

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
WSJ app is a little buggy. Some articles try to open a safari page but fails, then the safari page links you back to the WSJ all in a never ending cycle. Strangely, some articles are fine

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Worked for me with iOS 18. Which is also buggy (the new Photos app really sucks btw... very confusing)
To clarify further, it won't work on anything less than iOS 18, though its utility will be limited because you can't interact with the AirPlayed iPhone like you'll be able to with an iPhone mirrored to a Mac running Sequoia. I wonder what'll happen if you mirror the iPhone to a Mac that you connect to the AVP as a virtual display. (Actually, I don't expect that to make it possible to interact with the iPhone, but it'd be fun to try.)

Apple just needs to make iPhone mirroring work with the AVP!

Reactions: fatTribble

sean+mac

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2020
Canada
I am experiencing issue in Facetime, Zoom, etc. with regards to my Persona. It jankily dances around for a few minutes then only shows me at a glitchy side angle. This continues after rebooting. I may try re-creating my Persona if this persists.

One new thing, which I don’t recall from older versions, is the ability to set a default background for calls. (Saw it while debugging.)

EDIT: recreating my Persona fixed this. (Unfortunately I was quite happy with the last scan.) Interestingly I created that last Persona in the new ”place it on a surface” mode, but I am not sure if that would have contributed to the quirks which later emerged.

Last edited:

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Does anybody know if Microsoft Beta version of the iPad Remote Desktop App runs on the visionOS 2.0 beta? What about the iPad version of OpenVPN? I use them often to connect back to my office and connect to my PC there.
Rd Client for iPad does work under VisionOS 2.
I use Ivanti Pulse Secure VPN and it works. Also UniFi Teleport works.
It very possible that OpenVPN for iPad will work.

John90976

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2015
SoCal
MS Teams keeps crashing for me, and I can't see ongoing meetings within teams channels. I need my weekly dose of making everyone laugh at my little demon persona and its contorted expressions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.