Visited links request

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by hologram, Jul 24, 2007.

1. hologram macrumors 6502

I'm a relative newbie to these forums, but I've become a regular and read them every day. There's a lot of useful information here that I don't find anywhere else.

However, I have a request. It would sure be a lot more user-friendly if visited links were to change to a different color. It may seem like a small thing, and maybe it is, but every time I click a link to a thread, then back to the forum, I always have to search for the link I just clicked so I know where to pick up from again.

It shouldn't take more than a minute or two to make the change, and it would make navigation a lot easier. Anyway, that's just MHO. Thanks.:)

2. dcv macrumors G3

You could just subscribe to the threads you're interested in. Use the Thread Tools menu - Subscribe to this Thread option for individual threads (that you've not posted in). If you want to automatically subscribe to threads that you post in, go to User CP - Edit Options and select an option from the default thread subscription mode section. Your subscribed threads will be visible whenever you click onto the User CP menu link and there will be a tick icon displayed in the views.

3. hologram thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I could do that, but then I'd constantly be subscribing to / unsubscribing from threads, and that would take a lot of time and be extremely user-unfriendly. My suggestion would take about as much time for an admin to accomplish as my subscribing to a couple of threads and it would help everyone here from now on.

Which makes more sense?

edit: maybe you didn't understand my request. I'm not looking for a way to follow individual threads, I'm just trying to make it easier to see where I've already been.