Visiting Chicago for the first time

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bern1812, Oct 22, 2011.

1. bern1812 macrumors member

I know there are quite a few Chicagoans on here, and a bunch of people who are at least familiar with the city, so I thought I would get some opinions on things to see and do while I am there.

The difficulty is that I will really only have one full day's worth of time to sight-see. I am going for an Interview, so they are putting me up in a hotel for the night. So on Thursday I will have from 3pm to 6 to explore, and then Ill be going out for dinner with people from the company. On Friday I will have interviews from 8am to 3pm, then after that I will be free to see as many things as I can before I need to make the 6 hour drive home.

What are the things I absolutely need to see while Im there for this short amount of time? I am not much of a city boy, so I am pretty nervous about heading off to Chicago on my own.

2. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

where in chicago will you be staying? downtown? a close-in suburb? far suburbs?

The blocks of time you have are actually pretty small and at rush hour as well, so it would be helpful to know where you'll be staying

3. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

This.

If you are going to stay in the burbs.....there really isn't that much to do

4. bern1812 thread starter macrumors member

Im going to be staying at the Hotel Monaco, which is pretty close to Millennium Park, so I'll be putting the "bean" on my list of things to see.

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

6. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

john hancock building, sears tower, get some deep dish pizza