Visitors and Other Distractions on iPhone Launch Day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChocolateApple, Jun 24, 2010.

1. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

On the first iPhone launch day in 2007, my family visited from out-of-state. I gave them the keys to my place while I stood in line. Sowwy :p

Then today, I'd just gotten my iPhone 4 and was about to sit and install iPhone 4-specific apps, share pics, etc, but *rrrring* My cousin from out of state was in town. Arrgh.

Okay, it's nice to visit family, and they're more important than things *crossing fingers behind back* but WHY on iPhone launch day??? Whhyyyy?

Now I'll be up all night catching up on all of the news, reviews, apps, etc. :)

Did you have 'distractions' keeping you from enjoying your shiny, new iPhone today or on any other iPhone launch day?

2. irich25 macrumors regular

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Yeah haha, I had a reservation after I got my iPhone delivered so my buddy wanted to use it, but I had to go in store with him. Waited 2 hours in the blistering heat with him. Funny thing was everyone in line was staring at my iPhone.

4. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Definatly. 1) my delivery got delayed yesterday from the morning to the night.
    2) I did not know this happens due to the fedx site being down so I went to my brothers playoff game at 6:10
    3) the fedx guy then came at 6:17 just great!
    4) so now the delivery was delayed to today and it dident come till 6:15.

So that was my peril if my iPhone

5. P Mentior macrumors regular

Mine got delivered around 10am this morning but last night a killer storm decided to take out a very large portion of a tree in my backyard so I got to spend the day cutting it all up and hauling it away... Suffice to say I was not happy about it.