vista 32 or 64 bytes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by phscvlle, Jul 27, 2007.

1. phscvlle macrumors newbie

For a Macbook how much HD to partition for Vista and what is the difference between Vista 32 and 64?

Thanks

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

you wont notice a difference between the two. anyway bootcamp doesnt support the 64bit version, os please dont buy it!!!

uuumm at least 30gb is needed for vista... the OS takes up about 10ish.

3. phscvlle thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Going to install Parallels so I can switch back and forth without shutting down.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

thats a really good idae i do that myself.. and harddrive space can be added via a 2nd virtual harddrive, or a 3rd, or 4th lol.. so its pretty kewl in that respect.

enjoy :)

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Oh, it supports it. Apple just wrote the drivers for the 32-bit version, so some of them don't work. That's not as big a problem as it used to be, as there are far more Vista drivers out there than XP ones; many of which work just fine. Again, though, the difference right now is negligible.

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

oh i thout it said that it doesnt support it, but it will work pretyt much for everything.. just not a few things.. anyway...

the difference, especially on a notebook, will not be noticable. maybe on a 64-core folding server it will be.. man i would kill for one of those :cool: