Vista 40% off!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aperture, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Ha! Just was at my local CompUSA (They are closing, but most of the stuff is only like 10% off) (Err, I was actually in there seeing if I could find any good deals) and they had all versions of Vista 40% off! I don't know, thought it was funny. :) I can't imagine Vista doing well, especially considering Dell going back to XP.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

That is such a large discount. Maybe worth picking up a version and just keeping it in a cupboard until they release SP1 or SP2 or you get extremely bored of XP. For me XP still cuts the mustard, but give it a year or two then who knows.

3. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

4. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

I actually am thinking of purchasing a few of them and eBaying em' to see how much I can profit. If they don't sell, I could always return them to the other CompUSA in the area that isn't closing.

Edit: If I do end up buying a few, I'm sure I wouldn't mind possibly buying a few copies up cheap for the members here at MR as long as I have the money PayPal'd beforehand. Might as well give something back to MR! I'll let you guys know.

5. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Well if you ever see Leopard 10% off, be sure to let us know:D

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

40% isn't as good as free. ;)

I don't have Vista, but I can't imagine paying full price for it. The only way I'd get Vista is if I bought a new PC.

7. Jookbox macrumors 6502

i'm not sure how much vista costs, but i would pay up to 80 bucks for the home premium, lol. i love having xp on bootcamp although i hardly use it.

8. adk macrumors 68000

adk

FYI - when I bought some stuff at compusa's going out of business sale two weeks ago they put a big stamp on my receipt saying "all sales final - no returns"