Vista 64 bit on iMac?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by King Mook Mook, May 4, 2008.

1. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

Hi Everyone

I am contemplating getting the top of the line iMac 24 inch (4 gb ram, 1 terabyte hard disk etc.) and I want to run Vista 64 bit on it using Boot Camp. My question is there drivers for Vista 64 bit and if there are where can you get them from?

Thanks in advance:D
    King Mook Mook

2. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Yes, they work fine. Just install the drivers from the Install Disc as usual.

3. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

4. antonio90 macrumors newbie

antonio90

Well, but the thing is that I cannot even RUN this update. Yes, it is strange and I have no idea what's wrong. I have installed Vista Ultimate x64 through Boot Camp, and after installing the system, I inserted the Mac OS X DVD, as normally, and of course all drivers cannot be installed. Well, then I have to download the BC update 2.1, and when the download is done, I cannot even run the update. Does any one have the same problem, or have I done something wrong? Apple claims that this update is specially made for the Vista x64 so it is pretty strange that i was unable to even start it. Thanks for responding.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant