Vista 64 installation Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by elwood19, Apr 2, 2008.

1. elwood19 macrumors newbie

Apr 2, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Hey guys,

I am having a tough time installing Vista 64 OEM on my new Mac Pro. First I changed out the main drive that shipped with the computer and replaced it with a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB SATA2 7200RPM 32MB Cache drive. Before I go further there is an apple raid card in the computer, but no drives are in the computer at present for the raid, I will put those in after the Vista installation. My problem is this after I go through boot camp and partition the drive (following all the apple instructions) it restarts and the Vista DVD boots up. After I input the serial number I get to the select a drive to install screen. The catch is that no drives show up. It says, "Provide mass storage driver for installation." The only option that I get is that it wants drivers, even after you click on the advanced button. I looked on the Seagate site and they say the drivers are generic and should not require any, thus none are available. Does anyone have any suggestions or has a workaround for this problem. I've searched this forum and others and don't seem to be able to find a solution. The system is as follows.

2 x 3.2 quad core
    2gb ram
    Nvidia 8800
    Apple internal raid card

Thanks in advance
  2. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

Nov 30, 2006
    Currently 64 bit Vista is not supported on Tiger Or Leopard.

3. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

Jan 11, 2008