Vista 64bit and MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Draeconis, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Draeconis macrumors 6502a

My MacBook Pro came yesterday, and I'm really enjoying it so far, although I seem to have run across a problem with Boot Camp. I have a copy of Vista 64bit I'm trying to install, and I know people have managed it, but the Boot Camp window says I an only run 32bit versions, ad when I put my Vista 64bit disk in, it doesn't recognise it. So how have people installed the 64bit versions?

2. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

The current (2008 edition) MacBook Pros can support Vista 64. I am going to guess the drivers are now on the restore CD, but if not, they are available on the web.

I have not yet made the move because Parallels only works with the 32-bit version. I know Fusion supports Vista, so I may give it a try and upgrade.

3. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

Just ran boot camp normally. You won't have a problem if your MBP is new. As CWallace said, the drivers are on your restore CD.

4. serdaryilmaztr macrumors newbie

after you finised installing you vista ,bootcamp will ask you to insert first dvd (recovery dvd for mac) to install the drivers .after that you are good to go

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Works; just pop in the regular OS X restore DVD to install the drivers and than download the updated ones from Apple for Vista x64.

As with VM compatibility, works on VMware

6. hajime macrumors 68040

What about last year's SR MBP? Can it support Vista 64?

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes.