Vista drive gone in startup disk utility after upgrade to 10.5

Discussion in 'macOS' started by damado, Nov 12, 2007.

1. damado macrumors 6502

I rebooted into vista from Tiger using startup disk utility, but once I upgraded to Leopard, it disappeared. I still see it on the desktop and can access it fine, but it doesn't show up as a bootable option anymore.

Any ideas on getting it back?

This is on a mac pro, each OS is on it's own physical drive.

2. DanB91 macrumors 6502

try starting up the computer holding the option button, see if its bootable using that

3. damado thread starter macrumors 6502

DanB, thanks for your response.

Yes that's the only way I can do it right now. I was using a logitech bluetooth keyboard with it's own BT dongle (it needs it to be able to use custom functions for some reason) and it sometimes wouldn't register the alt key so I had to switch to a cabled keyboard.

Would be nice if I could just set it to reboot and walk away for a couple of mins tho =/

4. DanB91 macrumors 6502

try unmounting the drive and mounting it back using disk utility, or try starting up physically removing the drive

5. damado thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks again for the response.

I tried unmounting it and unplugging/replugging but no go.

One interesting thing is that in disk utility. I can't verify the Vista drive. It says verify volume failed: Invalid request.

However, I have another partition on the same physical drive which is my fat32 "share" drive (to move files between both OSes). That one verifies fine. Not sure if that's causing the problem. I can explore the Vista drive in Leopard just fine though.

In information it has "NO" to everything (bootable, writable, can be formatted, journaled, etc.).