Vista error 'page_fault_in_non_paged_area'! Help!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by singhy44, Apr 27, 2009.

1. singhy44 macrumors member

Right, so I log into Vista, boots up fine, 5-10mins later, it comes up with a Blue Screen saying 'page_fault_in_non_paged_area'. I've looked around and all i've found is that it's often a hardware/drivers issue. This is odd, considering my iMac has been running Vista on the same hardware for atleast 4 months. I'm not sure what to do. One option is to reinstall Vista, but I have loads of stuff on there I don't want to lose. Also, I was considering installing Windows 7. I have two issues with this. Firstly, I'm worried that it will mess up/be highly unstable and won't support the things I want to run (games, documents). My other bigger worry is that it won't solve the problems, and I'll be stuck with non-functioning Windows. Any ideas?

2. singhy44 thread starter macrumors member

These were the details from the report:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 50
    BCP1: AD080000
    BCP2: 00000000
    BCP3: 82030AB3
    BCP4: 00000000
    OS Version: 6_0_6001
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini042809-01.dmp
    C:\Users\-USER-\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-70106-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\-USER-\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5CA.tmp.version.txt

3. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Does this happen every time you login, or did it just happen once. If it's just once, don't worry about it. A driver will occasionally do that without any real consequences. I have noticed that wireless drivers and video drivers seem to be the big problem makers on laptops for drivers. Try to reinstall those.