Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pur3h8r3d

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Recently Ive been working on Vista with SP1 on my Boot Camp Partition. I have a Macbook Pro 2.2ghz and 4 GB RAM with a 200GB HDD. I had recently uninstalled Parallels from it due to the activation issues. It was just a hassle. Well now every couple minutes when I am working Vista will freeze for about 4-10 seconds. The mouse locks up and nothing works. Eventually it will just go back to normal like nothing happened. I'm never running anything intensive. Any Ideas? Any help would be great. Thanks.

-David

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
Recently Ive been working on Vista with SP1 on my Boot Camp Partition. I have a Macbook Pro 2.2ghz and 4 GB RAM with a 200GB HDD. I had recently uninstalled Parallels from it due to the activation issues. It was just a hassle. Well now every couple minutes when I am working Vista will freeze for about 4-10 seconds. The mouse locks up and nothing works. Eventually it will just go back to normal like nothing happened. I'm never running anything intensive. Any Ideas? Any help would be great. Thanks.

-David

I've had this a few times under Boot Camp. I've never seen it happen on a "regular" Windows computer.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
Figured that I'd bump this up.

I've had to totally reinstall Windows and Mac OS X (HDD died), and this problem happened again.

It only occurs when running on battery.

I have installed all of the updates that are available (Mac OS X, MacBook firmware, Windows, Boot Camp etc.) and it still happens.

It seems to do it when the processor usage goes over 50% (for both cores combined).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.