Vista Hangs on Bootcamp? Help Please.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by newbRacer, Jul 30, 2009.

1. newbRacer macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. Just a couple of months back, I bought my very first 15" :apple:MBP Alluminium. Installed Windows Vista Home Basic on Bootcamp.

However, Vista seems to hang at times... Anyone has ever encountered this problem before? Initially I thought that it was some random crash or something. But it seems to be occurring more often in the last 1 or 2 months. Also, when it hangs, the laptop feels hot around the area where the screen is joint to the main body.

If anyone can explain why this is happening it would be very helpful. Because sometimes as a programmer I have to use windows for schoolwork, and it is very irritating when it hangs while I'm working.

Thank You.:)

2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I've been experiencing random system freezes in Vista on my MBP with BootCamp 3.0. Just had 2 within the last 15 minutes. Starting to get really annoying.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to view any information about the crash, similarly to how OS X has kernel panic logs. If anyone has info on this please share, thanks.