Vista + MacDrive7 = Hung File Access?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Johnny2085, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Johnny2085 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, got a bugger of a problem.

I've got a brand new 17" MBP. Used Boot Camp to give me a 32GB FAT32 partition and Vista runs beautifully (pun!) on it.

I found myself wanting to access the HFS+ partition to listen to my music and see how Vista works with photos. I installed MacDrive7 and tested it out with no problem.

Today at the office, I was sitting on the Vista side and tried to browse into my Documents folder under my Mac user folder. I get the whirlpool-o-death icon from Vista and the Explorer.exe task has one of my two cores spiked at nearly 100% (causing the fans to kick in loudly, etc). This task never completes and killing the process does not actually kill the task thats hung. I've been rebooting over and over again, trying different folders and there doesn't seem to be a pattern besides it working fine for a few minutes and then I access a different folder and it hangs.

The only other thing I could think of is that I installed Kaspersky Anti Virus to periodically manually scan my Vista for virii.

There aren't really support forums at MacDrive and I'm loath to open a trouble ticket with them. Has anyone else had problems reading basic folder/file data using MacDrive under Vista?

2. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

MacDrive 7 is new

I noticed MacDrive 5 had issues with XP and it took a patch to fix it. They don't get it working on the first try. My guess is other people will have problems and eventually they will have a patch for it.