Vista netorking in bootcamp - lose connections

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by askywalker, Jan 19, 2009.

1. askywalker macrumors regular

Running a MBP Santa Rosa and Vista SP1 under bootcamp

I keep having to reset my network adapters (wireless and wired) in Vista under bootcamp. It happens maybe once or twice a day. I will be working along fine and lose my network connectivity - so I double click on network properties and choose 'Diagnose/Repair'. It comes back saying it couldn't fix it, giving a couple of other options. The bottom option is 'reset the network adapter' - which fixes the problem almost instantly after clicking it....

Anyone else seeing this problem? If a reinstall of Windows might fix my problem I will do it, but don't want to spend a day on that if this is a known issue. It has been happening since I installed Vista about a year ago...

2. limo79 macrumors regular

I had similar issue under Vista SP1 with Broadcom Wireless LAN driver 4.170.25.12. After upgrading to 4.170.77.3 no connecting issues:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=2093&product=3786513

Now I am using Broadcom Wireless LAN 5.10.38.26 driver and no issues under Windows 7 Beta 1.