Vista not connecting to router on MBA

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by noizz, Jan 30, 2009.

1. noizz macrumors newbie

So as the title states, I'm having trouble getting the wireless to work through Vista on my MBA.

The router is a dlink DIR-615, supports wireless-N. It works fine when I'm in OS X. But when I'm in Vista, it shows up, but when I try to connect it won't work. Basically it just says it cannot connect to the router, and it tells me to select a different network.

Router settings on the DIR-615:
    - mixed mode a/b/g/n
    - channel 6
    - WPA/WPA2 encryption
    - AES cipher

I tried manually setting up the connection with the corresponding settings on the router through the settings, but no luck. I tried connecting to a different router, WRT-54G the popular linksys one, no problems with that.

Boot Camp drivers have been installed. Its weird, I had this problem setting up my PS3 (playstation 3) before; It would connect, but it was unable to access internet. I had to disable/enable the PS3 wireless system to get it working again.

My sister has a macbook pro 12", and she hasn't had any problems connecting through OS X.

I'm a first time Mac user, am I missing anything?

2. cuestakid macrumors 68000