vista on a macbook

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by chrisp92, Dec 5, 2008.

1. chrisp92 macrumors member

so i have the entry level aluminum macbook and i want to install vista
    my question is, can this mess up the os x side of things? if vista crashes can i still boot into os x?
    if vista gets a virus can this affect the os x?
    should i install vista?
    the main reason i want to install vista is because i want to be able to play some games on it, such as the sims 3 when it launches next year.
    will the sims 3 be able to run on vista installed on the entry level aluminum macbook?
    is it true that vista runs better on a mac?
    and yeah,, as i said, should i install it or not??
    thanks for your help =]
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

2. sparkstack Guest

If you use BootCamp to install Vista it will automatically prepare a section of your hard drive for Vista to use. If Vista dies, you should still be able to boot into OS X.

If you are sharing files between the operating systems (documents, etc) then technically yes. However the viruses would not have an effect on OS X itself, but if you then email those files to a friend that uses windows....

I would install AV software. AVG do a good, freeware version of their AV software.
    No.
    The above answer stands. If you want maximum speed in games, your best bet is still Windows Xp.
    More than likely. However it will probably run better in Xp.
    It runs. Runs better, i couldn't say as i don't have a PC with Vista on it.