Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Haoshiro

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
USA, OR
Has anyone been able to get the dvi-out to work on the MBP under vista?

I have a LCD television with vga/dvi in and wanted to connect the MBP to it. This works fine in OS X (Leopard), but just does not work in Vista and I can't figure out why.

I have it connected via VGA at the moment, as I don't have a DVI cable.

When Vista boots, the Windows startup progress bar does display on the external display, but once it actually gets into vista the external display goes black.

Vista even popped up and said it detected the external display, and asked how I wanted it used, I chose Mirrored.

I've gone to the Windows Mobility Center and made sure "External Display" was connect, which it was ("Displays connected").

Am I missing something here?

Crash-n-Burn

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2007
Have you gone to display properties by right clicking on the desktop, then going to properties, then settings, and make sure that it is not grayed out.

spank2223

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2007
I have it working but my external display will not hit its native resolution. I have a samsung 204b and vista will not allow me to display it at 1600x1200 only 1024x768. It works fine in leopard. Anyone got any kind of insight?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.