Vista on MacBook

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by egyptianeyes, Nov 27, 2008.

1. egyptianeyes macrumors newbie

I have a Macbook, that has 2.2GHz 160GB HD 1GB RAM

I was planning on putting Vista Ultimate on my Mac by partitioning 30GB as the Windows portion. I was wondering if it would screw my computer up on the mac side? And if I change my mind, can i remove vista completely? thanks

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Yes you can put Vista Ultimate on your comp (I did and I have the same comp as you except a 2.4GHz processor and 2GB RAM). It ran fine. Yes you can delete your partition at any time and no it won't mess up anything on the mac side. Boot Camp Assistant will do everything you need.

3. egyptianeyes thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome! thanks, and I didn't back up all my files yet, because I don't have an External HD, could I buy just anyone? And will it work for both Mac and PC?

4. egyptianeyes thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean, would it be a bad idea if I did this without backing up all my stuff?

5. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Well backing up your stuff is always a good idea even if you don't have a Windows partition. But really the Windows partition does nothing to the mac side, so you don't have to worry about that. I have a Lacie 500GB external and it works perfectly. Just make sure you get a big enough HD to back up everything. And yes you can back up the Windows partition, but it has to be done from Windows.