Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benfilan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
Ireland
i'm posting from Vista!its terribly exciting. and by exciting i mean, well, dull.

its extremely xp-ish, just a bit shinier. the owner turned off the vista rip-offof expose, and she doesnt know how to turn it on. so cute.

i am so glad i use a mac :):D

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
anyway, chill out psycholina, this is the internets, not 'nam.

Brilliant sentence.

Anyway how is it frigid? I mean Vista will go with just about anyone. OS X is the choosey type. And who wants to get it on with their OS anyway

DerChef

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Northern Ireland
I actually rather like the Vista Glass interface very much and would say it makes Tiger look a we bit old now until Leopard arrives that is.

What my problem is with Vista is that it has brought my not that old PC to its knees :( and I have spent my time turning off services and interface items to try and get some performance out of the dam thing

Needless to say I dual boot back into XP to actually do some work :p

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I actually rather like the Vista Glass interface very much and would say it makes Tiger look a we bit old now until Leopard arrives that is.

What my problem is with Vista is that it has brought my not that old PC to its knees :( and I have spent my time turning off services and interface items to try and get some performance out of the dam thing

Needless to say I dual boot back into XP to actually do some work :p

I hear you need a DX10 type of system (C2D, DX10 video card with 512Megs, 2Gigs RAM+) if you want to enjoy anything above Vista Basic...

DerChef

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Northern Ireland
no, p4+1GRAM+GMA950 is fine.

Thats about what I have I would not not want to try anything much less.

Vista is an odd beast some things it does really fast its desktop search function I would say is quicker than spotlight but other things are horrific slow like copying big files between drives.:eek:

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Strangely, I found Vista to be quite slow.

AMD Opteron 180 + 4GB RAM + 8800 GTS

I've gone back to XP for my gaming.

benfilan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
Ireland
Brilliant sentence.

Anyway how is it frigid? I mean Vista will go with just about anyone. OS X is the choosey type. And who wants to get it on with their OS anyway

why thankyou :p

frigid? well....it doesn't engage me. it still feels like a cold terminal, its not MY machine, its....bleh.

Also, is anyone ever going to figure out why windows machines have this constant symphony of whirrs, fans on/off, a thousand lights, hard drive activity when nothing is happening etc etc....? :rolleyes:

benfilan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
Ireland

i agree, it did look, dare i say it, quite slick :)

but it doesn't make me want Vista, just anticipate Leopard more ;)

imac/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
Vista, the frigid, stale, runt twin of 0S X

i'm posting from Vista!its terribly exciting. and by exciting i mean, well, dull.

its extremely xp-ish, just a bit shinier. the owner turned off the vista rip-offof expose, and she doesnt know how to turn it on. so cute.

i am so glad i use a mac :):D

Why are you insulting runt twins by comparing them to Vista?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.