Vista Time Issue

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by doctorgray, May 20, 2009.

1. doctorgray macrumors newbie

I'm running Vista SP1 64-bit on a 17" unibody macbook pro. Whenever I start up windows, it sets the time to GMT/UTC. I have set it to the correct time zone, and enable internet syncing. However, no matter how many times I reset the clock, whenever the computer is restarted, it sets itself to UTC again.

Now this could have to do with the fact that Boot Camp is not installed on the Windows side. I find that it takes too much effort to update drivers that way, so I install all of the drivers manually. I have a feeling that this time issue may have something to do with that, as I believe apple's bios is set to UTC, and os x corrects itself via software, where windows sets the bios itself and runs off of it.

If someone has a solution to this problem other than installing Boot Camp, which I've already said makes installing new drivers a pain, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks...

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

This is a known issue. Apple has documented it here. There are probably tens of threads about this on the MacRumors forums.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I wonder why they haven't/can't fix(ed) this issue. It's been this way since the first boot camp beta, and I'm sure Apple is aware of the problem.