Vista to Windows 7 Upgrade in Boot Camp

LoneWolf121188

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
Longmont, CO
I tried searching for this, since I assumed it would be a pretty common question, but I can't seem to find an answer. I have Vista installed and I'd like to do an in-place upgrade to 7. Is there anything special I have to do with Boot Camp, or can I just pop my 7 disk in while I'm in Vista and install normally?

lucifiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2009
In your basement
just pop the discs in and follow the prompts. If it asks for a restart, remember to restart and press/hold the Alt button so you can boot into windows again.

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
I tried searching for this, since I assumed it would be a pretty common question, but I can't seem to find an answer. I have Vista installed and I'd like to do an in-place upgrade to 7. Is there anything special I have to do with Boot Camp, or can I just pop my 7 disk in while I'm in Vista and install normally?
If you've installed the bootcamp 3.0 drivers from Snow Leopard you have to uninstall bootcamp before attempting to upgrade from Vista to Win7. I also removed the Cisco VPN. Other than those bits the upgrade works just fine.

I did see a 5.5 experience rating on the RAM which was lower the the rating on my ASUS laptops 800MHz DD2 ram (5.8). Don't know wht the uMBP's DDR3 ram is slower.

Cheers,