Vista X64 on 2.5Ghz MBP woes.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jay J, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Jay J macrumors newbie

Well I have vista 32 bit and 64 bit; I have a feeling I may downgrade to 32 bit.

My Videocard I cannot get to work; nor can I get the bluetooth/ wireless to work?
    I'm currently using Wired internet and the standard VGA adapter. I tried downloading that driver from (laptopvideo2go) but neither one worked..
    But I noticed off the bat that with 4gb of ram that vista X64 is amazingly stable.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Did you install the Boot Camp drivers that come on the OS X install DVD?

3. Jay J thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the 2.0 drivers not the 2.1...I tried downloading the 236mb file from apple.com It would not install

4. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Looks like the BC drivers aren't the 64-bit versions. Look on the manufacturers website for them.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I had to find the 2.0.1 Vista 64-bit drivers for my Macbook online since mine only shipped with 32-bit ones.

Is this a 2.5 GHz or a 2.53 GHz Unibody MacBook Pro?

6. fongyuen macrumors 6502

what you need to do is download the macpro bootcamp drivers. u can do a search for it on google. once you install that, then install the bootcamp 2.1 drivers you dl'd from apple. after that you should be good to go.

i recently installed vista 64 on my mbp and everything works fine, bluetooth, laptop2go video drivers (follow the instructions and add the modded inf file to the driver's folder), wifi, sound, etc, etc. good luck.

7. Jay J thread starter macrumors newbie

8. fongyuen macrumors 6502

was that in regards to my post? it's ok, i have a pre-redesign 17" and i used the macpro bootcamp 64 drivers and they work fine.

9. fongyuen macrumors 6502

10. Jay J thread starter macrumors newbie

I did download the 2.1 drivers but first am I supposed to google the rest of the drivers?
    Everything minus the Bluetooth; videocard/ and wireless seem to work? Also how do I keep my backlit keyboard working?

11. fongyuen macrumors 6502

did you dl the macpro 64 bootcamp 2.0.1 first and then install 2.1? actually, 2.1 shouldn't even install if you don't have 2.0.1. installed correctly first. u might have to look for it on bt. :/

12. Jay J thread starter macrumors newbie

There's 2.01? for 64bit?
    does anyone have a link to 2.01 for x64?

I have the 2.01 drivers but I think its 32bit only :(

13. Pneublet macrumors member

I also need some help. I installed vista 64, installed the bootcamp drivers, downloaded the 2.1 drivers and installed those. Everytime I start up though, before it boots up into vista, i have page after page of error codes in dos, and then it boots up. Once in vista I have no sound, no bluetooth, and I'm not sure what else is wrong.

Should I just start over and do it all again?

14. Mercellus macrumors regular

In terms of the video card driver, you should be able to install one from LaptopVideo2Go.com, they will not have WHQL status but other than that they should work fine; as for the Bluetooth and sound, you will need to get the 64-bit Boot Camp drivers, although I believe the sound driver can be obtained by searching Google for "Realtek Vista Audio x64".

15. minijon macrumors member

All right, I have a 2.4 that's the similar to your setup. For me, I've got Vista x64 working fine in Boot Camp, and VMFusion. If you haven't figured out your problems already, I think I can work you through them. There's an excellent post already on MacRumors on how to do it, and I will try to find the link. I basically just followed it step by step.

16. Pneublet macrumors member

What is the advantage of VMfusion over boot camp?

17. Mercellus macrumors regular

It will allow you to run Windows on top of Mac OS X at the same time without the hassle of installing a lot of drivers.

18. Pneublet macrumors member

I'm interested in getting the most power I can for 3D modeling and rendering applications. I really want to use 64bit for those applications but I don't understand why I can't get it to work correctly.

19. Mercellus macrumors regular

In that case you'd be better off with Boot Camp. You will need to obtain the 64-bit drivers for Boot Camp if they didn't ship with your Mac, I'm not sure however where you'd be able to obtain them (perhaps try a Google search for them?)

20. Pneublet macrumors member

I installed the drivers but upon bootup I get all these errors, then it gets into vista, and still nothing works. I don't understand what I did wrong so I can avoid it.

21. Mercellus macrumors regular

What error messages are you seeing when you boot into Windows?

22. Pneublet macrumors member

I couldn't even read them off as fast as it shows them in dos. It just rips through tons of errors and then boots into windows. Once I'm in windows it runs fine but I have no sound (and I don't know what else just yet).

23. Pneublet macrumors member

The errors have to do with unrecognized partitions. I'm going to just try it all again...for the 5th time.

...ok I reinstalled vista and it still says unrecognized partition table for drive 80 and to rebuild it with a microsoft-compatible fdisk tool

24. Jay J thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have partition errors. Which driver are you using from laptopvideo2go?
    Because I tried multiple and they are not working :(