Visual based pyramid software? Brainstorming purpose?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tongteh, May 21, 2011.

1. tongteh macrumors 6502

Hey all.. I am just wondering if anyone know of any visual based pyramid software? I need it for some brainstorming/idea generating purpose. Would be nice if someone could point the right direction.

2. steveoc macrumors regular

If you are talking about a mind mapping app, there are many options. I have tried quite a few out.

Freemind is a great free and open source application. MindNode has a free version and a pro version for $20. Both are available in the app store. There is also Xmind with a free version and a Pro version for $49 per year. Inspiration is a great package that costs $69, but it does not support an OPML export that I find essential for porting the data across applications. It is targeted for the K12 market. MindManager comes in at $249. It is very capable and has some interesting interactive exports. NovaMind is another capable program that is about to release a version 5 that looks very promising, but development has been slow and release is over a year late. The platinum version includes a presentation mode and task management. There are 3 versions: Express $49, Pro $149, and Platinum for $249.

There are others that I have not tried such as MyThoughts (Looks interesting and priced at $49), ConceptDraw, and others.