Visual Basic help for a giveaway. Please help if you can.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Pathfinder55, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Pathfinder55 macrumors 6502

I have a YouTube account and soon I'm going to have a giveaway for it. Now I've been learning a good bit about VB cause I am taking it as a class in high school. So I made a form with a bunch of different things in it that people will have to fill out and click to register for the giveaway. There are two things that I need to have happen for this to work.

1. Is there a way so when people click the submit button Visual Basic can send me all the information that the people filled out to my email? I'm not sure if thats even possible, the code must be pretty long if it is.

2. Is there a way to make it so when people click a link on my YouTube channel or my website this form will pop up and they can fill it out?

I'm not sure if ethier of these things are possible but I figured I might as well ask. And this would be the place to ask it!

Thanks!

2. kele macrumors newbie

mmm

I wouldn't do that using VB. Are you learning ASP.NET using VB? If that's not the case, users would have to download your form an run it locally (No OS X here). I suggest to do it using a dynamic web language (PHP will do) and host your form in a web server.

:)