Visual confirm that mail is sending

Beligerent

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
Exeter, NH
I remember on mail in Panther when ever I sent a large attachment I would get the spinning little thing to show that a message was being sent, now after upgrading to Tiger I get no visual confirmation that mail is sending. Other than activity veiwer does anyone know anything about this?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Beligerent said:
I remember on mail in Panther when ever I sent a large attachment I would get the spinning little thing to show that a message was being sent, now after upgrading to Tiger I get no visual confirmation that mail is sending. Other than activity veiwer does anyone know anything about this?
You should get a spinning ball in the sidebar, next to the Sent mail box. At least, I do.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Open the Activity Viewer window (Window menu -> Activity Viewer or cmd-0), and keep that open under your Main Window. Then contact Apple and get them to bring the status bar back... :mad:

baummer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California
Beligerent said:
Look for a spinning icon next to your Outbox folder. To confirm a message has been sent, it will also appear in your Sent items folder once it's been sent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.