visual Display of hard drive memory

CommonMan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
Midwest
Hi, I just got a used PowerMac G3 and it has OSX.
Does anyone know how I can get a visual representation of the available HD memory? I have already determined a way to just get the

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Do you just mean a pie chart of used/free hard drive space? That's in Activity Monitor, Disk Usage pane.

Picture 2.png

CommonMan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
Midwest
Different Memory and 2nd HD

Yes, I agree, it's important to differentiate between memory (RAM) and disk space (hard drive, flash, floppy, etc.). I've worked with PCs for quite a while now so I know the difference between these things. Since I just bought this Blue & White Power Mac G3/350 (code name Yosemite) loaded with OSX (and nothing else), I am just now learning about 0SX and Macs in general. I need to install and second larger hard drive in this computer since it only has 6 gigs and I need a lot more. Based on what I've read so far, it looks to be pretty easy.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
CommonMan said:
Yes, I agree, it's important to differentiate between memory (RAM) and disk space (hard drive, flash, floppy, etc.). I've worked with PCs for quite a while now so I know the difference between these things. Since I just bought this Blue & White Power Mac G3/350 (code name Yosemite) loaded with OSX (and nothing else), I am just now learning about 0SX and Macs in general. I need to install and second larger hard drive in this computer since it only has 6 gigs and I need a lot more. Based on what I've read so far, it looks to be pretty easy.
Macs and PCs are pretty much the same, you don't need to throw away your PC knowledge coming into Macs.