Visual Proof of iPhone's cut, copy, and paste application in process??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by christall109, Dec 20, 2007.

1. christall109 macrumors 6502

Hey Guys,

Over the past couple months of using my iPhone and the Facebook webapp, I have noticed that if I hold my finger over the "x" in the search field, then some text and photos become highlighted in blue. Could this be visual proof of copy, cut, and paste starting to be worked into the iPhone? Because, after all isn't the first step of copying and cutting text is to highlight it?

Have you guys noticed this before?

Sorry for the horizontal flip (photos taken with iSight in MBP and preview would not save the flipped image that corrected it)

Attached Files:

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

ya, this isn't any thing new (there have been previous threads on this) ... and i don't think its any indication ...

3. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I think if Apple wanted to work in Copy + Paste they wouldn't have to slowly integrate it into each feature / firmware, it would be a one time deal :)

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Maybe MW 2008 will bring us the copy function and MW 2009 will bring the paste function?
    Next is you can attach a photo to a text but can't send it until 2010.

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

Take that nokia!

6. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

This has been seen before and I still don't think this is copy/pase in the works. If Apple had copy/paste ready and wanted us to have it, we would have it. I don't think they would leak a half written function in a different software update. Plus, if this were the case it would happen on every web page, not just some.

7. christall109 thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe its left over. They could have possibly had the function there before it was released, then pulled it out for what ever reason, and what were are seeing are its remnants.

Is there any technological reason for why the 'blue highlighting" exist?

8. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

As for this, open up Photo Booth, click "Edit", and choose "Auto Flip New Photos". To flip existing 'backward' Photo Booth photos, click on it in the "filmstrip" along the bottom, and click "Edit", then choose "Flip Photo", or hit Command-F. (Same command.)

9. thats nice macrumors member

Whats the main reason for apple leaving out copy and paste? I read a few complaints a while ago, but it never really bothered me, but since all you seem to say if apple wanted us to have it we would have, any reason they don't want us to have it?

10. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Knowing Apple, it's all part of the bigger picture. In other words (IMO) expect something cool. I miss all the little motions on the Newton. (like sliding up for Caps, etc.) I feel that if it was just cut copy paste, we'd have it by now.

11. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

This is a normal feature of the iphone that lets you place the cursor where you want to in a string of text in an input box.

12. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

That isn't what he's talking about..