visual voice mail problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gillilandboy, Nov 2, 2007.

1. gillilandboy macrumors 6502

Hello All,

I just bought 2 iPhones the other day 1 for me and 1 for my dad. We are having problems getting our visual voice mail to work. When we press the voice mail button down at the bottom of the phone screen it just calls our voice mail. We have both already set up our voice mails with are passwords and things like that. Is there any thing extra I need to do? I tried to call AT&T but they are closed for the night.

2. goldy86911 macrumors newbie

Same thing is happing to me.
    When I press my voice mail knowning there is one it just oges to where I have to dial in.
    I thought there was a visual of who called so you can just listen to the one you wanted.
    I purposely left 2 different voice mails from two different phones that are in my contact list on my iphone and still when I press the voice mail icon the phone goes straight to dialing in and asking me for my password.
    Anyone have any ideas what's going on?
    Thanks Goldy:confused:

Does anyone think ,since I have an unlocked iphone and I stopped my data plan with my cellular provider that could be the reason I have to dial in to my voice mail?