Visual Voicemail does not work

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Makaveli6103, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

I have an iPhone 4 4.3.3 jailbroken with baseband 1.59. My visual voicemail has not been working for a little while now. It worked when I first upgraded to 4.3.3. but not anymore. Is there a fix for this?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

there might be a fix, can you explain the problem

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

depends what you mean by not working?

I have an issue where my phone doesn't pick up voicemails until I actually go into the voicemail tab!!

very annoying.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

This. Do you have ultrasn0w installed? It's buggy as hell and wreaks havoc on vvm and mms. Every time I reboot my phone I have to uninstall ultrasn0w, reinstall it, pop my sim card out and put it back in to get vvm and mms working again. Hate ultrasn0w and it seems like the dev team won't even acknowledge that there's a problem with it.

6. Makaveli6103 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I have ultrasn0w installed and had lots of problems with no service. I reinstalled 4.3.3. and jailbroke it again, haven't had any problems with service but does now show voicemails. If I call my number I can listen to my voicemails but nothing ever shows up on my phone. I will try popping the sim card in and out and see if that works.

7. Makaveli6103 thread starter macrumors 6502

That worked. After re-insterting my sim card, it showed all of my voicemails. Hopefully I don't have to do this often

8. SlasherKG macrumors member

Seems to be every 2-3 days that I have to do it...

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here.
    If I don't turn it off it goes longer.

10. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Damn, still no fix for this... I wonder if there's a way of fooling ultrasn0w into thinking the baseband isn't 01.59.00. That way it wouldn't bother trying to unlock... Or I wish the dev team (or some other coder) could make a separate application that only fixes the signal strength issue for those of us who don't need an unlock.

11. Almeuit macrumors regular

That's weird. I wonder why you guys have that issue? Is that the 4.3.3 jailbreak? I have 4.1 and have never had to do this to receive my voicemails.

12. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

This is a problem that only affects those on ip4 that have preserved 1.59 baseband for future unlocking capability with newer version of firmware. The first problem was 1 bar on signal and I believe carrier name missing. The fix was to install ultrasn0w but that resulted in the vvm issue and the need to take the SIM and put it back in.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'm thinking about removing ultrasnow and just deal with the constant 1 bar signal display.
    Sucks having people leaving you voicemails and you have no idea or mms not coming in.

14. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Me too. Either that, or just give up the unlockability and upgrade to the latest baseband. Or sell existing one and buy factory unlocked phone (if iPhone 5 wasn't around the corner, I'd just do that)

15. MauiBoy macrumors member

Thanks for this tip - this issue has been driving me crazy for months now. After installing a custom 4.3.3 load and installing ultrasn0w, VVM worked for a short while. After that, it only worked after resetting network settings, and then only for about a day.

The SIM trick worked as soon as I popped it back in!

16. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Just an FYI--for those with blobs to downgrade--4.2.1 with 1.59 does not have the one signal bar issue, and therefore doesn't require ultrasn0w, so no MMS/VVM/lost signal issues either. It's another option if you're determined to hang onto 1.59 for resale purposes.

17. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Today I tried to check my voicemail, only to discover "Voicemail Unavailable"
    "could not authorize access".

Do you think this will fix too, I am on RedSn0w 4.3.3