Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

USF813

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Tampa
AT&T has no idea. Reset network settings but that didn't help. I've powered off thirty times now with the ATT rep.

Anyone else having issues with visual voicemail?

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008

When I first looked at voicemail after upgrading, I got a blank screen with a message/button to connect to voicemail. I tapped it and got connected to old traditional voicemail. I listened to my new messages and disconnected.

The next time I looked, Visual Voicemail was back.

A.

USF813

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Tampa
When i first looked at voicemail after upgrading, I got a blank screen with a message/button to connect to voicemail. I tapped it and got connected to old traditional voicemail. I listened to my new messages and disconnected.

The next time I looked, Visual Voicemail was back.

A.

I had a voicemail that I listened to as well. Visual voicemail still not there.

USF813

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Tampa
ATT had to write up a ticket and escalate the issue up the chain. Apparently the representative was having the same problem with her phone, and visual voicemail has completely disappeared from settings.

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
AT&T has no idea. Reset network settings but that didn't help. I've powered off thirty times now with the ATT rep.

When this happened to me, I fixed it by leaving a voice mail from a landline.

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
Same happened for me, but I just changed my plan. I believe they removed my voice mail options.... I'll give them a call during the week to see what's happening.

USF813

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Tampa
Turn on Airplane mode for 10 secs and turn off the reboot phone... VV back

I was in airplane mode for an hour today and phone was turned off for the flight as well.

That didn’t fix it.
[doublepost=1506740784][/doublepost]I upgraded my iPhone 6 to a 7 a week ago. Was not having this issue with my 6. I purchased the 7 unlocked directly from Apple and use ATT prepaid. I was having problems deleting visual voicemails on my 6. They kept re-appearing or not deleting.

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
I was in airplane mode for an hour today and phone was turned off for the flight as well.

That didn’t fix it.
[doublepost=1506740784][/doublepost]I upgraded my iPhone 6 to a 7 a week ago. Was not having this issue with my 6. I purchased the 7 unlocked directly from Apple and use ATT prepaid. I was having problems deleting visual voicemails on my 6. They kept re-appearing or not deleting.
Did you reset network settings from Settings -> Reset -> Reset network settings

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Yes
[doublepost=1506749158][/doublepost]

I have seen some posts from T-Mobile customers on another website who have lost VVM too. It has to be an iOS 11 issue.

Mine worked fine through all of the iOS 11 betas until just last night when it disappeared for whatever reason. (T-Mobile as well).

Between things like this and High Sierra not working with Adobe Apps, I’m starting to lose confidence in Apple.

USF813

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Tampa
Mine worked fine through all of the iOS 11 betas until just last night when it disappeared for whatever reason. (T-Mobile as well).

Between things like this and High Sierra not working with Adobe Apps, I’m starting to lose confidence in Apple.

Well I’m glad I wasn’t losing my mind then. How on earth does Apple explain screwing up a feature that’s been around for years?

Glad I opted not to get the X.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Well I’m glad I wasn’t losing my mind then. How on earth does Apple explain screwing up a feature that’s been around for years?

Glad I opted not to get the X.

I have no idea. My girlfriends’ iphone 7 also on T-Mobile is working fine..

USF813

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Tampa
I restored my iPhone 7 Plus to 11.0.1 and Visual Voicemail started working again.

I updated to 11.0.1 yesterday and it did not fix the problem.
[doublepost=1506791001][/doublepost]

Even tried calling from another landline just now and it did not fix the issue.
[doublepost=1506793632][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1506791001][/doublepost]

Even tried calling from another landline just now and it did not fix the issue.

Called Apple. They are telling me to restore my phone. To what exactly? The phone is less than two weeks old! And I’m a completely different city from where I live. I have no way to connect
to iTunes!

starikarp

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2013
I have 6s and 11.0.1 and I do not have problem with visual voice mail but I have a problem if cellular data is turned off. I do not get any message that I have a voice mail. I didn’t have a problem on IOS 10. Is it possible to turn visual voice mail off? My provider is AT&T.

USF813

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Tampa
I have 6s and 11.0.1 and I do not have problem with visual voice mail but I have a problem if cellular data is turned off. I do not get any message that I have a voice mail. I didn’t have a problem on IOS 10. Is it possible to turn visual voice mail off? My provider is AT&T.

I have no idea. I’ve literally tried every trick that I can find on every web search I pull up. I’m fed up. Phone is getting returned to Apple on Wednesday or Thursday. I didn’t spend $450 for a broken system. I’ll buy a Samsung and call it a day.

Only reason I upgraded to a 7 is because iOS 11 destroyed the battery life on my 6. Visual voicemail worked fine on my 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.