Visual voicemail not working after I updated to 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mgoulart, Nov 19, 2007.

1. mgoulart macrumors newbie

I stupidly upgraded to 1.1.2 before prepping my jailbroken phone from 1.1.1 and it's just been way too much drama to downgrade, hack, prep, and upgrade again. Nothing seems to work.

Well, I noticed today after restoring twice yesterday, that my visual voicemail isn't working. When I hit the voicemail icon, it just dials my voicemail instead of listing any voicemails I may have. Is there an easy fix to this or should I try restoring it as a new iPhone instead of restoring it from a back up? I'm not liking 1.1.2 at all. I wish I would've read about it before upgrading it.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. wakawaka macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem

Yup, visual voicemail stopped working for me too a couple days ago, same symptoms, it goes directly to dialing it when I press the voicemail button.

Strangely, it has worked intermittently a couple tiems, and shows my saved voicemails. Also it has sent me a couple notifications for the SAME voicemail.

Also, it doesn't seem that I am receiving calls, and they are going straight to voicemail, although it could be because I was in an area with poor reception for Thanksgiving.

Another thread here suggests contacting ATT, and having them remove and reinstall the iPhone data plan. Seems to fixed the problem for that person, but I don't know why ATT is making us go through this BS!