Visual Voicemail not working (it just calls voicemail)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jent, Aug 5, 2011.

1. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

I have Claro in Peru with my iPhone 4 and whenever I try to go to the Visual Voicemail tab in the Phone app, it just calls my voicemail. Any suggestions?

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Have you contacted your provider? Visual Voicemail is not available on every network and I'm guessing yours is one of these.

I'm with GiffGaff over here in the UK and even though my iPhone supports Visual Voicemail, GiffGaff don't - so I only have the 'normal' voicemail feature.

Cheers,

RTP.

3. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

as seen in this document... (click on the latin america link) claro peru does support visual voice mail, but in this case you need to contact your carrier...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1937

4. zoomike macrumors newbie

Problem solved

I called apple and verizon (carrier in US). Verizon had to turn off visual voice mail on their end. Then restarted my iphone. Then they turned it one again and I had to restart my iphone again and it was working. Also backing up from itunes also started the problem all over again. So, next time I had the problem, I set the setting to "Set as a new iphone" and it has been working perfectly ever since. I do not use itunes to backup my iphone anymore, I use iCloud.

5. jent thread starter macrumors 6502a

jent

I should mention that my carrier, as one user indicated, did support Visual Voicemail, but only with an iPhone-specific plan. I ended up opting for a generic smartphone plan that was cheaper and for some reason basically included more minutes and data and one of the only things it didn't have was Visual Voicemail.

6. newlife2788 macrumors newbie

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

He's in Peru.