Visual voicemail not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LoneWolf121188, Aug 25, 2007.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

This is so weird...my voicemail account is all set up, but my phone will actually dial the voicemail account instead of presenting messages visually. I called ATT and 1800 MY IPHONE and no one seemed to be able to help me. I've tried restores and everything.

Background: I got my phone the first week it came out and it was working fine. I leave for Thailand for a month and left my phone at home. When I get back, my voicemail didn't work at all. I called ATT and they said the voicemail feature on my rate plan had somehow got deleted. The guy put it back on, I set up my voicemail account, but now no visual voicemail. Help?

I'd rather not go to the apple store because its an hour away and I don't have a car (and the bus is expensive).

2. unity macrumors 6502a

DO you have the iPhone data package on the phone. Do you have the Edge logo on the phone?

3. LoneWolf121188 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. unity macrumors 6502a

Odd. Well its an AT&T thing so I would call and have them remove and re-add the package to reset it. There should be no need to go to a store.

5. skwasha macrumors newbie

Along these lines... I have my iPhone activated to use a prepaid GoPhone SIM (not the official Apple/ATT one) I can get to vmail fine by just dialing it - but no vvmail. However, since I'm on the ATT network, I was wondering if maybe I could still get the vvmail to work.

In looking around, there is a second APN listed in /private/var/root/Library/preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist. The first is the standard EDGE access one (wap.cingular) But the other is in there as acds.voicemail. However, for that one I have a blank username and password. I'm wondering if anyone that has vvmail could look and report what is listed in that file for their APN entry?