visual voicemail on beta5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alansaysstop, May 13, 2009.

1. alansaysstop macrumors regular

I'm not getting my visual voicemail on my iphone beta5 with updated carrier settings. anyone have any idea how to fix it?

2. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

On beta 5 you can edit carrier settings within the general > network > cellular data network.

The only setting there is APN: wap.cunglar

If that is correct, try calling voicemail and resetting your password as I have found this usually corrects any visual voicemail troubles.

3. skythefly13 macrumors 6502

Try restarting your phone and waiting a minute or two. Every time I have restored to a new beta, I don't get any visual voicemail until I do that. Worth a shot...

4. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Always takes a couple of times of calling voicemail before I get mine.

5. sallythemac Guest

I have had no luck getting Visual Voicemail to work on an iPhone 3G, running 3.0 Beta 5 on O2 UK. I get a message "Voicemail Unavailable - Unable to initiate connection". I get this message with great 3G coverage and wifi. I have tried restarting my iPhone, no joy, and also changing the PIN (which I have read has fixed this issue in the past) - changing over the phone does nothing, changing it in the Settings > Phone settings gets an error message similar to the previous one. Any ideas?

6. alansaysstop thread starter macrumors regular

I tried rebooting and changing my pin and everything. Last ditch effort, restored phone instead of updated it and set it up as a new phone and now it works flawlessly.

7. sallythemac Guest

I hadn't updated the carrier settings on my phone, but had manually entered some i found on a MR thread into the MMS section of the Cellular Data Network settings. When i hit the the Restore Settings option at the bottom, my MMS went, but Visual Voicemail returned. Had read around that these settings had been causing problems for VV. To be honest, i only had the MMS settings in so i could sow people what MMS will look like - O2 won't turn MMS on on my account so i can;t really use it!