Visual Voicemail Password?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fivetoadsloth, Sep 28, 2007.

1. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

I updated my iPhone to version 1.1.1 and have run into trouble with visual voicemail. It seems to be asking me for a password, And when I originally set it up I made sure I did not have one. I have never had to use it beire but leaving the screen blank gives me an incorrect password error. This is quite unfortunate and really need a fix.

Thanks.

2. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Are you certain you didn't initially supply one when you set up your phone? I didn't want to, but the system required that I select a password. I was never asked for it again until I updated last evening and had to think very hard about what it was.

3. sanford macrumors 65816

Foxer, could you do me a favor? Could you think very hard and remember what *my* initial password I set was? ;)

I'm going to run into this, too. I think I'll eventually get it, because it will be some combination of the kids' or my wife's birthday, or my SSN number, or something like. Unfortunately we have three kids, so it might take a while.

Anyway, if you're totally stuck, I'll bet good money AT&T technical support can just reset your voicemail password -- remember Vis. VM is just an interface to the same old AT&T voicemail system -- either to nothing, and you'll have to call in and set one, or to some default, like the last 4 of your SSN or 1234 or something like that, then require you to reset the password. You may have to actually call into the VM system to set the password again, but people forget passwords all the time; they'll have some way to reset your VM password.

4. sanford macrumors 65816

Okay, I must have come up with a humdinger of a password.

Call 1-800-331-0500. Enter your mobile number when they ask for it. Select voicemail assistance from the menus. In that menu wait until the "reset voicemail password option" and select that option. It's automated. You'll be asked for you billing ZIP code. You'll wait like 15 seconds for processing. Then they'll tell you they sent an SMS to your phone with your new voicemail password in it. I already got that SMS. I didn't have any un-listened messages, but that password will probably let you get at any you have. After that, call your iPhone from your iPhone; you'll have to set up your VM again just like you did the first time. It lets you pick a password. Make it simple and write it down, unless you are in the middle of a nasty divorce or something requiring real security on your mobile voicemail.

Done: Cost for my personal stupidity: about 2 minutes airtime, about 4 minutes total hassle. It's easy. Won't take you a bit to reset and re-record your greeting, etc.

When iPhone reports "invalid voicemail pass code", just feed it the new one.

5. quki macrumors newbie

i just called AT&T

and i was told that the password they set up is the seven digits of your phone number.

6. ultimateceej macrumors regular

ultimateceej

I think that they might have already gotten this issue resolved since it was posted almost a year ago. :p

7. quki macrumors newbie

I had to restore my phone twice in the last month and every time i did the phone would ask me for a password. the first time I restored it froze up again right away. The second time I restored I was so irritated with the phone I walked around with it asking for password until I got tired of people telling me my vm was full.
    I know the phone still asks for password when restored- or is it only my phone?

8. ultimateceej macrumors regular

ultimateceej

have you tried the last 4 digits of your number?