visual voicemail problem with actually receiving messages

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waterskier2007, Jun 17, 2009.

1. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

so i installed 3.0 and did the benm thing for tethering but i think my visual voicemail got messed up along the way, i can still access it but i am not receiving any new messages the people leave me. the visual voicemail screen is there with all of my old messages but i dont get any new ones. i have had people call and leave messages to test it but i dont get them

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

reset your General: Reset: Reset Network Settings and see how that works

3. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

thanks but it still doesnt seem to be working

4. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

which little hack did you do? the IPCC settings or http://help.benm.at/help.php ?

When I did the IPCC settings and played with them, my voicemail stopped. But with the link off the iPhone, it works fine

5. superxero3 macrumors regular

in your settings > general > network > cellular data (assuming you have it) change the voicemail from wap.cingular to acds.voicemail (assuming you are on AT&T) and the voicemails should flood in (assuming you have some)

hopefully this works :)

6. calvy macrumors 65816

What do I do if I don't have that menu? I realized I was having this problem, and keep seeing this advice, but no one seems to mention what to do when I don't have the Cellular Data menu option any more.

7. superxero3 macrumors regular

i think this should enable that menu, i stole this from a different thread.

Go here on your iphone http://tr.im/oGhq , find your carrier, and install the file (your phone will know how to handle it) and that should enable the cellular data setting

8. calvy macrumors 65816

well i don't understand this. I enabled tethering by visiting that site about 24 hours ago. I just revisited and installed again for AT&T, and immediately my voicemail started working again.

9. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Yeah, strange things. Carrier settings had been updated

10. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

so as an update, i had installed the 3.0 GM and it worked fine. then i installed the carrier update and tethering profile from the benm site. i didnt notice a problem until my mom said she left me a message and i didnt get it. so i tried a bunch of things but it didnt work. i restored from the apple released version of 3.0 doing a full restore and backup. now i am back to carrier version 4.0 but i still cant get new voicemails. i can see all my voicemails in VVM but i cant get any new ones. any ideas?