iPhone 6(S)(+) Visual Voicemail still not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wirenut, May 24, 2018.

1. Wirenut macrumors regular

My Visual Voicemail has not been working for a while now. I have an iPhone 6S with the newest iOS installed and I'm on AT&T. I tried rebooting the phone and reseting the carrier data. Still nothing. Any ideas?

2. Adam.Kb2Jpd macrumors member

It's the other side. Let AT&T know you have a iPhone and they will restart their server on their side.
    Was a charter AT&T customer from 1996 went to T-Mobile for better service.

Never bothered with visual voicemail. It's a useless gimmick to sell the iPhone.

3. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

4. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Some carriers requires to manually turn visual voicemail on.

5. Wirenut thread starter macrumors regular

Useless? It's awesome, I love it. One of the greatest ideas ever.

6. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Third party services like Google Voice, YouMail, and others offer it as well. Some might not care about it, but others make good use of it. Hardly a gimmick and not really something associated with iPhone in particular for quite a while now as it's become a fairly expected thing when it comes to voicemail these days.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Several iPhone ago I had to call AT&T to get them to reset VVM! All was fine after that!

8. Wirenut thread starter macrumors regular

Fixed, Siri was off

Also, I made a mistake in my description.

My visual voicemail worked just fine, it was the transcription part that wasn't working. I thought that was called visual voicemail, my mistake.

9. Adam.Kb2Jpd macrumors member

Good, I use my phone 8 plus 24/7 don't use visual voicemail anymore. use Sideline for a second line (area 212, which is impossible to get) and use the SMS transcripts and get back whenever I can.

Visual voicemail is not practical. Real robocall blocking is.

10. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Visual voicemail and (robo)call blocking are fairly separate/different things.

That said, sounds like this was about voicemail transcription, which seems to be useful across the board (although still not for everyone either).

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Being with AT&T you need to download an app called "Call Protect". It will stop 90% of the robocalls and telemarketers. I have had it for a few months and am shocked at the number of calls it intercepts and stop from even ringing.

Enjoy!

12. Adam.Kb2Jpd macrumors member

Don't need to download an app on T-Mobile.

Scam Block is built into the Network. Dial #662# and you have T-Mobile doing all the heavy lifting. Why waste RAM on a App?

13. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Because I prefer having good reception and not having to go outside to make a phone call.:rolleyes:

14. Wirenut thread starter macrumors regular

That sounds interesting. How does it work? This is a business phone and I would hate to miss calls from real customers.

15. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

It has not stop a single legit call from getting through. How it works is ATT has a data base of robo callers and telemarketing. When one calls that is on the list, it will stop it from going through. You will get a notification and cal look at the app to see who the caller was. You can add numbers to the list by blocking and providing feedback on who called. The Telemarkets have an inexhaustible supply of numbers so it depends on the users to block and provide feedback so it will block these in the future.

I was very wary of this app but has turned out to work well. Try it, you can always delete it if you want but it is so nice to have these calls silenced. People have dropped their landlines so these people are now hammering our phones.

16. Adam.Kb2Jpd macrumors member

If you are on WiFi, on T-Mobile or AT&T you turn on WiFi calling and you are set. Everything works the same.

Let the Big Iron sweat removing the robocallers.

17. JackieInCo Suspended

You have to have a good enough signal on your phone for WiFi calling to work to begin with. If your signal is weak, WiFi calling will fail. I've had this happen with AT&T so many times at my house when using Wifi calling. I have had to keep a T-Mobile line open just to use at home because too many times, my signal on AT&T is too weak to make a call. As you can see in my screen cap, I have one signal bar at home and many times, it goes to no signal. WiFi calling won't work if you have no signal.

Image-1.jpg

18. Newtons Apple, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018

Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I seldom if ever use WiFi for phone use. My Cell signal is full in most places I go so all is good.