Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wirenut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
My Visual Voicemail has not been working for a while now. I have an iPhone 6S with the newest iOS installed and I'm on AT&T. I tried rebooting the phone and reseting the carrier data. Still nothing. Any ideas?

Adam.Kb2Jpd

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2018
My Visual Voicemail has not been working for a while now. I have an iPhone 6S with the newest iOS installed and I'm on AT&T. I tried rebooting the phone and reseting the carrier data. Still nothing. Any ideas?

It's the other side. Let AT&T know you have a iPhone and they will restart their server on their side.
Was a charter AT&T customer from 1996 went to T-Mobile for better service.

Never bothered with visual voicemail. It's a useless gimmick to sell the iPhone.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's the other side. Let AT&T know you have a iPhone and they will restart their server on their side.
Was a charter AT&T customer from 1996 went to T-Mobile for better service.

Never bothered with visual voicemail. It's a useless gimmick to sell the iPhone.
Third party services like Google Voice, YouMail, and others offer it as well. Some might not care about it, but others make good use of it. Hardly a gimmick and not really something associated with iPhone in particular for quite a while now as it's become a fairly expected thing when it comes to voicemail these days.

Reactions: akash.nu

Wirenut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
Fixed, Siri was off

Also, I made a mistake in my description.

My visual voicemail worked just fine, it was the transcription part that wasn't working. I thought that was called visual voicemail, my mistake.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Adam.Kb2Jpd

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2018
Fixed, Siri was off

Good, I use my phone 8 plus 24/7 don't use visual voicemail anymore. use Sideline for a second line (area 212, which is impossible to get) and use the SMS transcripts and get back whenever I can.

Visual voicemail is not practical. Real robocall blocking is.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Good, I use my phone 8 plus 24/7 don't use visual voicemail anymore. use Sideline for a second line (area 212, which is impossible to get) and use the SMS transcripts and get back whenever I can.

Visual voicemail is not practical. Real robocall blocking is.
Visual voicemail and (robo)call blocking are fairly separate/different things.

That said, sounds like this was about voicemail transcription, which seems to be useful across the board (although still not for everyone either).

Reactions: Wirenut

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Fixed, Siri was off

Also, I made a mistake in my description.

My visual voicemail worked just fine, it was the transcription part that wasn't working. I thought that was called visual voicemail, my mistake.

Being with AT&T you need to download an app called "Call Protect". It will stop 90% of the robocalls and telemarketers. I have had it for a few months and am shocked at the number of calls it intercepts and stop from even ringing.

Enjoy!

Adam.Kb2Jpd

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2018
Being with AT&T you need to download an app called "Call Protect". It will stop 90% of the robocalls and telemarketers. I have had it for a few months and am shocked at the number of calls it intercepts and stop from even ringing.

Enjoy!

Don't need to download an app on T-Mobile.

Scam Block is built into the Network. Dial #662# and you have T-Mobile doing all the heavy lifting. Why waste RAM on a App?

Wirenut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016

Enjoy!
That sounds interesting. How does it work? This is a business phone and I would hate to miss calls from real customers.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
That sounds interesting. How does it work? This is a business phone and I would hate to miss calls from real customers.

It has not stop a single legit call from getting through. How it works is ATT has a data base of robo callers and telemarketing. When one calls that is on the list, it will stop it from going through. You will get a notification and cal look at the app to see who the caller was. You can add numbers to the list by blocking and providing feedback on who called. The Telemarkets have an inexhaustible supply of numbers so it depends on the users to block and provide feedback so it will block these in the future.

I was very wary of this app but has turned out to work well. Try it, you can always delete it if you want but it is so nice to have these calls silenced. People have dropped their landlines so these people are now hammering our phones.

Adam.Kb2Jpd

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2018
Because I prefer having good reception and not having to go outside to make a phone call.:rolleyes:

If you are on WiFi, on T-Mobile or AT&T you turn on WiFi calling and you are set. Everything works the same.

Let the Big Iron sweat removing the robocallers.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
If you are on WiFi, on T-Mobile or AT&T you turn on WiFi calling and you are set. Everything works the same.

Let the Big Iron sweat removing the robocallers.
You have to have a good enough signal on your phone for WiFi calling to work to begin with. If your signal is weak, WiFi calling will fail. I've had this happen with AT&T so many times at my house when using Wifi calling. I have had to keep a T-Mobile line open just to use at home because too many times, my signal on AT&T is too weak to make a call. As you can see in my screen cap, I have one signal bar at home and many times, it goes to no signal. WiFi calling won't work if you have no signal.

Image-1.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.