Visual Voicemail??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timmypv15, Jun 18, 2007.

1. timmypv15 macrumors regular

I've only been on this forum for a few weeks, but I've barley read people mentioning the visual voicemail. Is it a big perk for anyone on here? or just an added feature thats kinda nice. I don't get much voicemail so i'll just make people leave me messages so i can try it once, but after that i doubt i'll use it much

2. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

well it's possible that it's not that exciting because you can already get this (and an additional service that allows you to read voicemail as text) on blackberry handsets. But i think it's also just not really important to the type of person on these forums who is wanting to purchase an iPhone.

3. DMK macrumors newbie

The visual voicemail is a huge plus for me. I use my cell phone for business. If I miss a handful of calls, I want to be able to listen to the most important message first and then maybe not even bother with some messages until later.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Interestingly, MCI has had random access voicemail for years on their home accounts. I quite often check in from work via the web:

https://messagecenter.mci.com/OmsService/voicemail/jsps/VoicemailSegmentation.jsp

Anothing coming must-have will definitely be the voicemail-to-text conversion that was just mentioned. Just not at the prices they currently want! (about 50 cents per). It'll sure beat writing things down yourself.

5. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Visual voice mail is a big deal to me. It allows me to listen to voicemails in the order of importance. Lets say I am in the movies, and I get 5 calls. When I leave, I could listen to the ones I want first.

This does happen to me a lot. Not to mention, I some times have a bad habit of just returning a call without listening to the message. Sometimes, I end up with a back log of voicemails. Then, when I miss a really important call I gotta listen to a bunch of old messages before I can get to the important stuff.

As you can see, its a huge selling point for me. Chances are, we will see a lot of copy cats showing up soon. All providers will offer this in time.

6. kamiboy macrumors 6502

Completely useless for me. The 3-4 so called messages I get a year are all the result of someone not hanging up in time. I would turn the fucntion off on my current phone if I could.

7. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

i think it's a really cool feature. am i glad its there? yes. will i use it very often? probably not. but i still want it.

8. NewtypeCJ macrumors 6502

NewtypeCJ

Pretty useless for me. I don't get that many calls on my cell. But it will be nice to just select the call without hearing the "One...new message...from phone number..." before each one. (Yes I think you can skip that but I don't remember the key.)

9. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I wish I could get that feature on a cheaper phone for my grandmother. She has trouble using her phone, and no way in hell can she check voice mail. Too many steps involved. However, visual voicemail _looks_ like it could make it possible for her.

For most people, using voicemail seems like a simple thing. Take your average grandmother, and they are lost. :D

10. TenaciousPZ macrumors regular

Definitely a top feature IMO. Allows you to prioritize messages, exactly how it should be, rather than acting like a virtual cassette tape. :rolleyes:

11. timmypv15 thread starter macrumors regular

i think it'll be neat, but since i use about 5 of my 700 mins a month, the data plan prices are my biggest concern right now