Visual Voicemail

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mustnotsleep, Aug 10, 2010.

1. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

Switch to AT&T.

Visual voicemail is an AT&T-specific function as of right now. When the market opens up to other provides, you will see it offered by other providers.

3. v15h44l macrumors newbie

As Ive seen this thread, rather than making another one I jus wanted to ask a question. I seemed to have notice that whenever i do any of the following:

• switch off the phone
    • respring springboard
    • remove the phone app from multi-task

Whenever i open up the visual voicemail again, it asks me to retrieve my voicemail. Just wondering why this seems to happen? Should it happen, should it just go straight to the voicemail without me having to keep doing this everytime.

N.B.
    I've got an iPhone 4 and I'm on O2 UK.

4. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

Visual voicemail? We can send voicemails with video? How does it work? I never heard of this function.

5. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

:apple:

6. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

Not sure where to get that function. lol

7. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

You have visual voicemail on your iphone by default if you have AT&T. It' in the Phone app under voicemail. The ability to actually see your voicemails on that page and play them/scrub through them from there instead of calling a number and listening to prompts is called "visual voicemail".

8. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

Ah Thanks. I thought we were able to send a voicemail through facetime or something. Thanks again

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

FacePlant is suppose to let you do just that. You will be able to leave VideoMail if the other person is not available for facetime.

I don;t think it have been release yet.

10. Stuart21 macrumors member

Does using visual voicemail use up minutes? I have always wondered.

11. mstrze macrumors 68000

Why would it? You never actually call a number. It's data....in the form of transferred sound files.

12. Kayan macrumors 6502

I wouldn't think it would use up minutes because there's no category for "Mobile to Voicemail section", there's only "Mobile to Mobile", etc...not sure though

13. Stuart21 macrumors member

I assumed it didn't but i dont have much knowledge on the subject.

14. jw12345678 macrumors member

jw12345678

For visual mail on a network that doesn't support it try Hullomail. Make sure you set it to alert you by text message though, otherwise you'll never know you've got a message if you don't have a data connection. (I'm on the Vodafone network (UK))

15. dav146 macrumors regular

dav146

Hullo Mail

If you want visual voicemail on your iPhone try downloading Hullomail from the App store.

Its Free !!! - And it works on most networks. The App lets you know if your network is (or isn't) compatible when you run it for the first time.

You then use the new Hullomail icon for voicemail. You no longer open the phone app and then select voicemail - which saves a few finger presses.

The App is awesome. Push notifications for missed calls when you were out of service etc. Definitely one of my better selections from the App store !!

Try It - Its Free !!

(I'm in the UK on Network Orange)

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant.

17. sadcamper macrumors regular

Not sure how it works with AT&T, but here in Canada (using Telus), it shows on your bill as airtime when you listen to voicemail.

18. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

not if its visual voicemail.

please read thread.

19. mstrze macrumors 68000

Do you dial a number to listen to voicemail with Telus?