Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
When I convert any media with VisualHub, it makes the .mp4 file bigger than the original, so in order to keep the file size the same as the original I have to stick it into the "fixed file size" field.

Is there any way to tell VisualHub to make the .mp4 file the same file size as the original? Reason I ask is I'm going to start converting all my pre-ripped movies to mp4, and some vary in size depending on how long the movie is. For my TV Shows, it wasn't too big a deal as I could aim for all my episodes of say Family Guy to be within 140MB's since they are all the same length. This doesn't apply to my movies.

Any ideas anyone?

theLimit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2007
up tha holler, acrost tha crick
Adjust the Quality slider. If it's a 90 minute movie in a 700MB file, it's already low quality, so leaving VisualHub at Standard is overkill.

I wish there was a same-size-as-original option, but you've already figured out the closest thing to that: typing the size into the advanced options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.