visualhub trouble. handbrake only solution?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by macminor, Jan 22, 2010.

1. macminor macrumors newbie

I have a load of .mov files which I want to batch convert and join into one big file that I can play on my iphone.
    I thought visualhub would be perfect for this but when I try to process them I keep getting this error when it is trying to convert the audio...
    An error prevented conversion from starting. Explanation: /temp/..../32445.wav

Has anyone else experienced this error and found a work around. Maybe skipping the audio conversion all together?

I ran the same files through handbrake and they worked found. The only problem with handbrake is there is no way to batch convert, or also join the files afterwards.

At the moment my only solution is to convert the files individually with handbrake then run them through visualhub to join them. Which causes two problems...
    1. It takes forever.
    2. As I am effectively processing the files twice I presume I am degrading quality?
    If this is the only solution, am I able to run the handbraked files through visulahub with only the joining process taking place? Saving time and excess conversion.

OR is there another program that I can use to batch convert .mov to .mp4 AND join into one single file?

Sorry, lots of rambling questions there but hopefully someone can lend some advice.
    Thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

www.squared5.com has MPEG Streamclip to offer which allows batching and joining of multiple video files.

Try that.

PS: .mov and .mp4 are only containers for a variety of codecs, and the codec is more important than the container, as some codecs can be used with more than one container.

3. macminor thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your quick response. I tried out that app but got this error straight away: "Can't prepare the movie."

If it's any help I looked at the file info in quicktime and got this...

Sorenson Video 3 Decompressor, 480 x 360, Millions+
    MPEG Layer 3, Mono, 44.100 kHz

Any other suggestions?