Visually stunning.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Razzz, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Razzz macrumors member

I duno if I'm just super biased, but the mba is the nicest computer i have ever seen in my life. I got my first 2010 11inch back in 2010. I work at best buy so every time i walked by the apple isle my pace would slow, and i would stare at the mba with its tiny screen and slim unibody. I purchased one within 3 weeks of seeing it from the first time. I purchased the 2010 11inch ultimate online and tracked it the entire way home.

For the next 2 months i brought it to school almost everyday barely using it and putting it next to my desktop at home where i would use it to just surf the web.

The 2011 models came out and i instantly traded in my mba (sold to someone on craigslist) and bought the 2011 version (see sig)

Everytime i go to use it i always flip it around and stare at it, :D
    Honestly i think it looks its best at an angle :), but all around i couldn't ask for a nicer looking computer. It the reason i like to read these forums almost everyday.

Anyone else like me?

2. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I have been a big fan of the MBA since they came out with the 2010 model. I recently traded in my 2010 13" for a 2011 11". I am really liking the backlight keyboard as well. I never thought I needed it until I actually started using it and WOW, I see why all the post now;)

3. rkheyfets macrumors regular

Agreed it is visually stunning as are most apple products

4. iExpensive macrumors 6502

iExpensive

I disagree, I would much rather it look like a slimmer macbook pro. I don't find any benefit in the wedge shape. Although it does resemble a binder and leaves more room in a backpack.

5. misterneums macrumors 6502

I very much like my 13 inch Macbook Air. I upgraded from my 2008 white Macbook and it just seems--amazing. Perhaps I am lucky, as I don't have any of the screen issues that have been reported, and I got double Samsung (I would have kept it even if I didn't get double.)

I don't really have any issues with it at all. It was probably the best purchase I've made in years.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

To my mind, the MBA is an excellent example of an ideal design: Namely, how to find a perfect fusion of form and function. It does what it is designed to do extremely well, and looks exquisite, too. So, yes, OP, I'm pretty much in agreement with you.

7. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

It really is an amazing piece of kit. I had my doubts about the ability of the ULV CPU's to deliver on performance, but after a few weeks with my MBA I'm thoroughly impressed. It's amazing how much weight my MBP has gained since I got my MBA. The MBA, particularly this rev is a turning point for lap tops Prior to the MBA I'd debate with myself "Do you really want to carry the MBP around all day?" Now it's not even a question. Grabbing the MBA when I head out is a no brainer, and the best thing is I'm not giving up any performance.

8. iphonsteve4ajob macrumors regular

+1, I think my Air is almost as good looking as its owner. :p

9. wiregen macrumors member

I hope the sloping lines from the air transitions to the next generation of MBPs.

10. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    And I am too SS, I think the 11" is Apple's premier success story, thin, svelte,
    Totally transportable, everyone I know, who has one, is totally smitten, I believe Apple is very happy with the 11" MBA:eek::cool::D:apple:

11. nebulos macrumors 6502a

nebulos

i've learned to live with them, but i don't like the black keys. don't know why Apple couldn't just go with grey. the hinge rubber used to be grey too. : (

i guess maybe the rubber keys get dirty, so they used black, but then also made the display rubber black to match.

otherwise, of course, the Air is beautiful.

12. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

I am with you RAZZZ, the Mac Air just blew me away when I first saw it:D:D:D:D.

When I got my first Air (got my 2010 ultimate in May) I knew I had made the right choice. It was my first Mac since getting one in 1984. I have had PCs since. For now, I still use my PC for the internet and mail, everything else is done on the Air. Just received my 2011 this week (the Amazon deal was too good to pass up:D). I have to say I like it even more than the other one, especially the backlit keyboard. Am I going to sell my first Air, probably not. I am keeping my itunes library and ipad synced to it and have games on it. The new Air is being used for my genealogy, photos and other writings etc. The size and lightweightness of it just makes it great for taking with me. There are times I wish I could have gotten the 13 inch. The only negative if you could call it that is the size of the memory and HD. I wish it was larger or easier to replace.

13. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

My 13" MBA is nice but really?

Someone needs a girlfriend :)

14. kevintech macrumors 6502

You know women are fun to look at and play with, too.

15. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

Boy toys are fun too:rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Glad you're enjoying it. Apple's design ethic means I have something truly nice that I can afford. Nevermind that it's the best, most stable, most secure personal computer and never gives me grief. It's a work of art.

17. Nioxic macrumors regular

I actually had a few problems closing down programs and had to force reboot or something ... (the photopreview program)

something i've never had on windows 7 ! (except with 3rd party programs like games and such)

Of course.. lion is a few weeks old and windows 7 is around a year old so.. :p shouldn't be a major problem!

Still i love my MBA... more than i love lamp! (yes thats an anchorman reference!)