Viva Pinata DS

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by pcypert, Jul 30, 2007.

1. pcypert macrumors 6502

Haven't seen this posted yet. Am pretty stoked to own this game having sold my 360. What a great game and glad to see the DS version will be bigger and better somehow...more Pinatas and wifi options. Should be fun. Looking forward to it...anyone else?

Paul

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Cool. I've wanted to play this game.

Now if some other company would just bring Psychonauts to the DS, I would be stoked.

<]=)

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Rocking!!! I love the game on the 360 and will definetly be adding this to my DS collection assuming it's just as good on the handheld.

4. takao macrumors 68040

takao

good for me as that saves myself from getting a 360 to play the game

i guess that is further proof that microsoft doesn't plan on bringing out a hand held soon (after Age of empires for DS and Rare Diddy kong racing)

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

If it's the same as the 360 version then I'll skip. I can't imagine them copying the gameplay 1:1 over so I'm hoping there will be some interesting new features. I'd just love to see Rare come back with some wonderful adventure game like they were known for :eek:

6. thegreatunknown macrumors regular

unfortunately I think it was the achievements that kept me going in Viva Pinata. Without the achievements I'm afraid I'll lose sight of any goals and the game will get boring. For instance I don't think I'll ever have a reason to romance a specific species exactly ten times, probably just a couple times.

7. applekid macrumors 68020

I think this would be better if it was on the Wii. Ah well. Yeah, I don't want just a port of the 360 version either.

8. mkubal macrumors 6502a

Good point. Getting all 10 flutterscotch variants was certainly not its own reward. Surely they'll work some kind of reward system in there.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

10. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I never could get into Viva Pinata on the 360. I got it for free fortunately, but it seems to kiddy for me.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Again it's the excite truck for the 360. Either you get into it and love it, or simply just don't get it at all. A really divisive game.

12. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Dam these kiddy games. :p

I've noticed it's generally the younger crowd that is more sensitive to weather or not a game is perceived as mature.

I've stated this too much, but most modern games, even the so-called mature ones, have dialogue/stories written for kids.

<]=)