Vixia HF20

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by newbiemacgal, Mar 17, 2010.

1. newbiemacgal macrumors member

Hello!

Anyone using this Canon camcorder with an IMAC 27? The price is under $700 but I've read mixed reviews about some of these cameras with Mac.

On an unrelated question, how do I get my log in for mobileme if I forgot it? Everything is designed to help you change your password.

Appreciate your help!

2. soniyajack macrumors newbie

Canon cameras have a long standing issue with sharing the firewire bus with other devices (aka hard drives). Not all Canon cameras have this connection issue, but hanging around this site I've come to recognize their ability to connect in FCP is the most problematic of all the camera brands. If you have a Canon camcorder, and can not get it to connect up with FCP, the following is a way to sort through the issues and get it to work. Some are elegant - some are ugly.

3. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

I have that camera and the only problem I have with using it with the mac is that it will convert all of the footage to .mov which takes up more space and takes a lot of time to import though less than DV. Overall its a great camera I even made a review if your interested.

4. newbiemacgal thread starter macrumors member