Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Stay far far away from this web host...

A couple of years ago they were great - but something happened and now they're bordering on criminal.

I'll be filing a report on them with the Better Business Bureau, due to continuously trying to cancel my account, but not getting any response from them.

When you call their phone number, all you get is an answering machine with some kid saying "hi".

Now I get to call my credit card company and refute the charge Vizaweb made to renew my hosting.

Very very frustrating. :mad:

sjjubb1989

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2006
Yep

Yah,
Just happened this week. I gave them 2 weeks to respond to me before they will have "legal" trouble. I left a message with that weird message machine with the little girl. I don't know what happned, it was just 2 weeks ago I purchased an SSL packack with a dedicated IP address for about $130. I am glad I am using go-daddy for my domain. I am switching host.

Steve1496

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
I also dropped this company about a year ago to go to ASO. It was hard to cancel, took over 2 months for me. They used to be great--cheap, reliable, and good support. Then they started growing and just went down the drain.

Needless to say, ever since I went to ASO I haven't looked back.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Sorry to hear. I've been using VizaWeb for both my personal site (very low traffic, "starter" hosting package) and the summer camp whose website I run ("professional" hosting package, I think). I have had no need for their customer service yet, so perhaps this is why I'm not running into problems, but as far as self-administered hosting goes, they're doing fine for us...

But I have read many messages on forums and on Google that seem to reiterate the same feeling - "they used to be awesome, but now they're not". :(

HckySo

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
turn around
I still have about 4 months with them. I'm going to start backing up things as soon as I can. I'm very angry that this is the second web host I've used that has gone bad. I'm going to Go Daddy. :mad:

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
HckySo said:
I still have about 4 months with them. I'm going to start backing up things as soon as I can. I'm very angry that this is the second web host I've used that has gone bad. I'm going to Go Daddy. :mad:

only the second one?

Heck i went through about 6 hosts that were good then died a year later.

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
They are horrible. I used them for my portfolio site before, I can never ever get an answer from tech support. I told them i won't continue my subscription when it ends and someone replied to it right away. :rolleyes: I replied back with "Too late". :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.