Vizio HDTV 22" Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ImTheOne, Feb 23, 2009.

1. ImTheOne macrumors member

I am using a Macbook (white version) and I am using a mini-dvi to vga adapter and its in the highest resolution it will go, and I have tried all the other resolutions as well, and it still does it. The problem is that the screen is acting like its to wide to fit the TV, it cuts off like a fourth of an inch of screen on both sides, and I have no clue if there is a way to fix this, but I reinstalled leopard a while back and thats when I started noticing it. Should I just reinstall again and hope it fixes it or what? Thanks

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You have to use the Displays preferences pane to set the resolution of the monitor.

3. ImTheOne thread starter macrumors member

I said I already changed all the resolutions and it still didnt work. I have changed every setting in displays I can think of. I am beginning to think I am just crazy and that it has always been like that.

4. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

Which model is it?

My Vizio 22" supports 1680x1050, but OS X doesnt recognize that. All the other resolutions were stretched or cut off or looked like crap. I had to install SwitchResX to put the display at 1680x1050 and everything works great.

5. harry454 macrumors 6502