VLC 0.9.2 Released

pjrobertson

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
Works well for me.

FINALLY there's support for HTML subtitles. No longer will I have to reformat subtitles to work with VLC :D

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
VideoLAN is getting like 7 downloads a second so the default download link and a few of the mirrors arent working for me. however i got JAIST (Universal Binary link) mirror to work… of course its in Japan!

theres a few mods to the UI like graphite colours (finally!) and borderless window like QuickTime Player. i also spotted a Last.fm scrobbler in the preferences.

nutmac

macrumors 601
Mar 30, 2004
After running Delete Preferences AppleScript under Goodies, I fired it up. Unfortunately, it hasn't addressed one of my biggest pet peeves -- displaying separate controller and video windows. While I can close the controller window after the playback starts, this is rather tiresome.

Riemann Zeta

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Is it any different than the VL 1.0.0b "nightly" version, or is this just an older nightly that they decided to finally release after months and months of stasis? I've been using the nightly 1.0.0 "goldeneye" release fairly successfully, but the "post-processing" level is permanently set to Max.

the Western zoo

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
Aarhus C, Denmark
Seems to use more CPU power than 0.8.6i did when playing HD videos. Hmm, I'm actually having a few issues playing 1080p in Matrosuka / H.264 files.
Yeah, me too...

Also, it doesn't seem like it reacts to the settings - I've been trying to adjust the size of the cache but VLC doesn't seem to "preload" more when I tell it to do so...

Edit:
Where do you fine the nightly builds?

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
I'm having trouble with VLC playing HD videos too. Everything's good until you start skipping through by click on the timeline. Apart from the massive lag until it starts playing where you clicked, the image is torn for about 2-3 seconds before it goes back to normal.

I'm gonna try the nightly see if it's any better.

DjStiky

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2007
I cant output AC3 audio using the SPDIF connection on my Macbook Pro.
Does anyone else have this problem?

Philberttheduck

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2006
HB, CA
upload 8.6 please

I'm having trouble with VLC playing HD videos too. Everything's good until you start skipping through by click on the timeline. Apart from the massive lag until it starts playing where you clicked, the image is torn for about 2-3 seconds before it goes back to normal.

I'm gonna try the nightly see if it's any better.
i'm having these problems as well, on both my mbp and imac. it crashes every 2nd or 3rd time i try to skip. anyone wanna upload 8.6 please?

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
When i press the step forward button on the controller window while watching a video it actually goes backward.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
I installed it the day before yesterday, and I finally got what I wished for.

Scrolling the wheel adjusts the volume, and the Mighty Mouse scroll ball lets you even scroll through the timeline by horizontal scrolling.
I missed that feature that was in the BSplayer I used while I was on Windows (years ago).

The only problem I've encountered so far, is that if you press the Fast Forward button in the controller windows, it acts like the Rewind button. It doesn't happen in the transparent controller.

Nightlies are here.