VLC issue on New MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chuckm1020, Mar 21, 2010.

1. chuckm1020 macrumors regular

Nothing urgent, Just annoying. HaHa. I just recently got a new macbook pro, and i came from an 09 mac mini. one of the first things i did was put VLC on the new laptop.(I never use quicktime :p). VLC works just fine, as it should. But for some odd reason i cant see a video preview on the icon. On my mac mini u could actually hit play on the icon and watch a preview of the video on the icon. On my new laptop i just see a VLC icon and no video preview. i did some searching for this issue and couldnt find anything. and i tried to see if it was a setting i had to turn on. i looked all in the VLC options and the Finder options, but cant find anything. Like i said its not a big deal, but does anyone have an idea why? Thankyou

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

I can never see the previews either, and haven't forever. No big deal to me. AVI files don't show a preview UNLESS they are on the desktop (mine are stored away in folders). Thats how it is for me anyways.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The previews are provided by QuickTime, so you need the appropriate QuickTime components installed.

4. chuckm1020 thread starter macrumors regular

Ohhhhhh. makes sense kinda hahaha. I did have Perian installed on my macmini and i havnt installed it yet on the pro. maybe thats why? i would try it out right now but my macs at home and im at work :p